Friday, January 1, 2021

Food & Nutrition!

Liam in 2019 sautéing peas for Bee Bim Bop!
The suggestion that most people made for the next project is Food & Nutrition.  We'll start by way of Zoom, but don't worry, we'll do real hands-on cooking too!  We'll just all do it from our own kitchens!

List a few goals below (each), remember, this is Food & Nutrition, not just cooking.  Also, tell us what kinds of things you would like to make (separately from your goals).

Then, I'll get you a plan with shopping lists, so that everyone can get what is needed ahead of time.

I'll put together Food & Nutrition packets for you to pick up when you pick up your poultry packets (for those who are doing these two projects).

First Zoom will be January 7, check the calendar.

15 comments:

  1. What kinds of things would you like to make (these are not your goals). Brunch? Egg dishes? Smoothies? Green Salads? Use Reply below if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to make a breakfast burrito and breakfast sandwich

      Delete
    2. Excellent, with farm fresh eggs and home-grown bacon or sausage! Some of our favorites here!

      Delete
  2. If you are participating, what are your goals for Food & Nutrition? Make sure to put your name. List skills you would like to learn/work on, nutrition topics you would like to learn about. Use Reply if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to learn what sport players eat or drink. and why.

      Delete
    2. and also how to use a knife better and make balanced meals Harper

      Delete
  3. Poor food and nutrition I was hoping to make chili.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can still make chili, everyone can make their own and share the taste! I like mine with maple, in fact, we made some last night to have on potato skins, and on nachos today!

      Delete
    2. Oops, I didn't mean for it to say poor, I meant for it to say for.

      Delete
    3. My goal is to know how to cut onion so you don't cry.

      Delete
  4. I'm not going to do food and nutrition. BUT I'm looking foward to doing poultry! - Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick: I want to learn what is healthy and how to use a knife

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t know what I want to do in food and nutrition

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to chop onions safely without crying much...

    Gordon Ramsey, he does a fine dice, you can make the slices thicker, of course... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGBt3V0yvc&ab_channel=htan

    Rachael Ray, she's got the onion labeled backwards what she calls the top is actually the root, and what she calls the root is the top, but that's O.K. Ignore that oops, and the rest of her info is good and blends well with Gordon's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQARBFzbjzI&ab_channel=RachaelRayShow

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.