Main Idea - Enriching our livestock friends' lives. (We need a catchy title!)
Supporting points Answer the following questions in a comment below. These will become the supporting points on the table top. If you have ideas for a visual on the display, tell us (does anyone have a photo of your friends using what you made? Were there any photos in the handouts you want to use?). If you have ideas for what goes on the table, bring it to the next meeting.
- Liam - What does it mean when we say, "enriching our livestock friends' lives"? More for you to answer after everyone else has answered theirs!
- Chelsea - What are some situations in which our livestock friends would need their lives enriched? What enrichments did you OR could you set up for your sheep?
- Harper - What do YOU do to keep your brain active, and/or your body engaged? What kinds of situations are there when you can't do your everyday life things?
- Nick - What are some things we put together for our chick boredom busters?
- Oliver - Which things did your chicks seem to really enjoy?
- Nora - Why did we create these enrichments for the chicks specifically?
I keep my brain active and body engaged by doing sports and spending time on science and doing challenges. and when I cant do my every day things I get sort of mad and I loose my focus and then when I try to do challenges I don/t do them as well as I should.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Harper.
DeleteNick
ReplyDeleteWe made the chickens a cleaner yard, and a dust bath area. We also made a ladder for them. A dust bath is a bath that chickens take which is not water or soap; we put in sand, very fine dust, and soil.
Great Nick
DeleteNora
ReplyDeleteWe created the dust bath to get rid of mites and for play time. We also made a log swing made out of lincoln logs and string. We made the swing because they need to learn how to perch and also for playtime. We also made the peeps play house because they needed to get used to a coop.
Excellent, did these chicks like the swing?
DeleteAnd no, they were scared of it at first, then they loved it(kind of)
DeleteThe chickens really liked doing the teeter totter. I tapped the chicken on its behind to get it on the teeter tottering. I also used meal worms to lure it on, but the chicken actually wanted to go.
ReplyDeleteCool! That is one of our agility obstacles, which are also enriching. How about the things we put together or built at the first meeting. Read other people's answers to their questions or take a look at the attachment I sent with the first? e-mail.
DeleteAWESOME!
When is the fair table top/poster due?
ReplyDeleteWe've got to do it tonight, it's got to be set up on Monday!
DeleteLots of good work tonight! Glue your parts to the pink paper 1/2" of pink showing.
ReplyDeleteFor the table, we've got the teeter totter, a square bucket, a dust bath, a mirror (want that on the board?)
Anything else?
I could set up a brush that goes somewhere where then can rub on it they love to rub on things to itch them selves, giving special treats (not sure what that would be yet maybe a different kind of grain not sure)
ReplyDelete