Global Gourmet!
We're cooking around the world! Current dates are on the calendar.
Cultures to choose from - comment below to vote for your choice that we will learn about next. Consider choosing a culture you don't know much about the foods of, not your favorite that you have often!
Mexican - done!
Japanese - yummy, done!
Indian
German - done!
African
Italian
Grecian
Start to plan a poster for this project. Using the poster planner, pick a culture (from this list or choose your own) and do some research!
I think it would be cool if I could. I am done with basketball so I should be able to make the meetings; some of my goals are to be able to stay healthey, to be able to learn how athletes stay healthey and how I can make those nice foods, harper
ReplyDeleteFor the group that met at Amanda's, the cost for the ingredients and the per person cost are on the calendar for that date. I'll try to do that each time.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you think of the Mexican we made? Because we weren't tasting as we were cooking, I think we needed a little more oomph in the flavors. We'll have to remember to taste as we cook, very separately!
ReplyDeleteWe've extended F&N two more weeks. That means one additional culture we'll cook for, and one meeting we'll actually MAKE posters! Check the calendar
ReplyDeleteThis week is a work from home week. Use the poster planner and plan out what you want to share about Food & Nutrition. It could be about a cooking culture (one we've covered or not), it could be about a cooking technique, it could be about the nutrition of a culture or nutrition in general. Read through the Global Gourmet book and see some of the information we haven't covered. There is a lot of My Plate info, how to hold the fork in different cultures, lots more to learn. Just plan your poster, don't make it! Comment below to let us know what your topic might be... Also, after reading through the book, comment what culture you want to cook on 3/31.
ReplyDeleteI want to do Japanese
ReplyDeleteWe've already cooked Japanese, so I assume you mean for your poster? Great, what is your main topic?
DeleteI want to do itly and Mexican food for my poster
ReplyDeleteExcellent, what is your main topic going to be? How they are similar, different, something else?
Delete